Referenced Messianic Jewish Review Blog

The official blog of the Referenced Messianic Jewish Review. The Referenced Messianic Jewish Review studies the history, composition and theology of the Messianic Jewish movement.

Monday, October 11, 2010

Fearing Jesus' Wrath

I find it interesting when people in the Messianic movement, or in other branches of Christianity, say that I need to believe in Jesus or else I will be trouble. They tell me that I will be judged badly if I do not accept Jesus and imply (or state directly) that I will spend eternity in hell. But really, do I need to be afraid that if I do not accept Jesus, Jesus will somehow punish me? What does the Bible say? Let's check the Book of Psalms.

Psalm 118:6-8

6: The L-rd is for me, I will not fear. What can man do to me?
7: The L-rd is for me as my help, and I shall look on those that hate me
8: It is better to take refuge in the L-rd than to trust in man

We learn a few things from these verses. First, we need to trust in G-d and not in man. Second, since we need to trust in G-d and not man, no man can claim to be G-d. Third, we do not need to fear the wrath of any man, which by definition includes Jesus. After all, G-d is All Powerful so "what can man do to me?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home