Referenced Messianic Jewish Review Blog

The official blog of the Referenced Messianic Jewish Review. The Referenced Messianic Jewish Review studies the history, composition and theology of the Messianic Jewish movement.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Who Is G-d's Firstborn Son?

One of the parts of the Exodus/Passover story that is often missed is the identification of G-d's firstborn son. Now, Messianics will generally tell you that Jesus is G-d's firstborn son. But G-d says something quite different in the Bible. In Exodus 4:22-23, G-d orders Moses to say"And you will say to Pharaoh: Thus says the L-RD: Israel is My son, My first-born. And I have said to you: Let My son go, that he may serve Me; and you have refused to let him go. Behold, I will slay your son, you first-born.:"

So, we learn in story of Passover that the true firstborn son of G-d is not Jesus, but the Jewish people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home