Referenced Messianic Jewish Review Blog

The official blog of the Referenced Messianic Jewish Review. The Referenced Messianic Jewish Review studies the history, composition and theology of the Messianic Jewish movement.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Laws Are Not Details

Over Shabbos lunch, I talked with a friend about a conversation I once had with a Messianic. He was trying to convince me that Jesus' death was a sacrifice. I reviewed Biblical sacrificial law, demonstrating clearly that Jesus' death did not match Biblical sacrificial law. His argument back to me was that I was getting caught on "details." I was baffled by this ignorant response. The Bible spends multiple chapters going over the laws of sacrifice. Again, these are laws....not "kind of nice things to do", not "it would be special if you do" but Biblical laws. By ignoring the Bible in his argument, the Messianic was demonstrating how little the Bible truly mattered to his beliefs. My friend was as stunned as I had been at the Messianic's attempt to belittle Biblical law as "details."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home