Referenced Messianic Jewish Review Blog

The official blog of the Referenced Messianic Jewish Review. The Referenced Messianic Jewish Review studies the history, composition and theology of the Messianic Jewish movement.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Undercover Missionary

As I have written previously on my blog, some people accidentally e-mail me thinking that I am a Messianic missionary. I thought this one had some particularly amusing information so I will share part of it with you.

"To whom it may concern, my name is Kevin Vance, I'm a student @ Southern here in Louisville, my wife Sarah and I both work @ Starbucks part time to help pay the bills, we also like Starbucks because it affords us opportunities to be missionaries within contemporary culture, which is why I'm e-mailing you, for help. In some ways, my cover as a missionary is blown with my mostly pagan co-workers due to my being a seminary student..."

Really? You took a job at Starbucks for the missionary opportunities and get upset when you are caught? "Excuse me, will that be a Mocha doube latte with Jesus on top? Oops, sorry, I meant whipped cream, not Jesus. That will cost you the Trinity, errr....three bucks."

Out of curiousity, what exactly is the pagan population of Louisville? Granted, I am Jewish and have little knowledge of pagan practices, but when I think pentagrams and Wicca, Kentucky does not come to mind. Let's see...Louisville, Kentucky and first things that come to mind. Basketball, check. Country music, check. Incense burning worship of goddesses, not so much. My e-mail box is never boring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home